Whistler Or Blackcomb?
If Only All Of Life's Decisions Were So... Enjoyably
Over the past 17 Whistler Blackcomb ski seasons
I'm not sure how many times it has happened, but here I am again. It's
8 a.m., and I find myself standing at the south end of the village
another legendary snowfall has just blanketed the mountains. I stare up
at arguably two of the greatest ski/snowboard mountains in the world,
looking left, and then right, unable to decide...
Should I ski Whistler today? Or Blackcomb?
The truth is, I often compromise and ski both
You see, the beauty of having two world class
recreational mountains located side by side (the bottom of the gondolas
are only 200 feet apart) is that you really don't have to decide. You
can enjoy both mountains on the same day. And in fact, as of December
2008 you can travel from one mountain to the other on the new Peak to
Peak gondola in just 11 minutes.
Another great thing about Whistler is that visiting in the summer...
can be just as much fun as visiting in the winter!
With Whistler Blackcomb (arguably the #1 mountain
resort in North America) only a two hour drive up the famed "sea to
sky" highway from our family's home in Vancouver, BC, we vacation in
the resort as much as possible. We ski the mountains. We stay at the
hotels, resorts and condos. We eat at the restaurants and take in the
après-ski when absolutely necessary (for research purposes only). We
bike the trails and golf the courses.
You might say we are "professional" Whistler
vacationers (although we chose to maintain our amateur
status for the 2010 Winter Olympics). And we want to help make your
next vacation in this beautiful
mountain resort the best it can possibly be.
- Considering booking a particular hotel? We have
probably stayed there, swam
in the pool and soaked in the hot tub.
- Want a tour of the mountains? Come along for the ride. We have a
collection of photos,
videos and insider tips to help you get the most out of the mountains.
- Don't want to ski/snowboard every day? How does
world class shopping, hitting the tube park, ziptrekking through the
treetops or snowmobiling
the backcountry sound?
- Coming in the summer? No problem. Golf, bike,
hike and swim. And do it all amongst stunning scenery.
- Not sure what restaurants to eat at? We've
sampled a good portion of them.
- Traveling with kids? They're going to love it! Ours do. And we'll
show you how to keep them entertained from start
- Not sure how to get to Whistler? We'll show you
how even getting there can be a memorable experience.
So come on in...
- Whistler Ski Lodging - Area By Area Tour
- Although there is plenty of choice when it comes to Whistler ski lodging, there are really only four different locations/areas to choose from.
- Why Whistler Canada... The #1 Ski Resort In The World?
- Why is Whistler Canada continually ranked as one of best ski resorts in the world? Could it be the mountains? The lodging? The restaurants? The village? Or maybe... all of the above!
- Whistler Deals... Myth Or Reality?
- Whistler deals are available. You just have to know where and when to look for them.
- Blackcomb... The "Other" Mountain In Whistler BC
- One of the great things about Whistler is... Blackcomb! Come and explore all that it has to offer, including hotels, restaurants and the mountain itself.
- Whistler Blog
- The Blackcomb and Whistler Blog keeps you up to date on all things Whistler and any additions and/or changes to the whistler-vacation-tips.com web site. Subscribe here.